ACZ Laboratories, Inc’s reputation as a leader in the environmental testing industry is a direct result of the quality of our employees. We believe in hiring highly motivated professionals with dedication to data quality, personal integrity and a strong work ethic.
We are located in beautiful Steamboat Springs, CO where residents enjoy a high quality of life and unlimited year round recreation opportunities.
ACZ offers careers in environmental chemistry with excellent benefit packages including group health/life/ltd insurance, 401k and profit sharing. ACZ is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACZ Laboratories, Inc. is accepting resumes for the following position(s):
The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, maintenance and documentation of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that systems hardware, operating systems, software and other infrastructure components and procedures meet organizational needs.
- Install/update/configure servers, operating systems and applications, storage, peripherals, services, settings, directories, etc. as appropriate for proper maintenance and evolution of IT systems and in accordance with operational requirements
- Monitor and maintain servers and network equipment to ensure uptime and efficient operation
- Monitor, maintain and regularly test backup systems to ensure data redundancy and preservation consistent with ACZ’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Work with laboratory staff and/or third-party vendors to promptly diagnose and resolve systems or application problems
- Support and maintain telephone system
- Collaborate effectively with ACZ’s LIMS software development/database staff, providing infrastructure support as appropriate to ensure uninterrupted operation, as well as evolution, of LIMS
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of all IT hardware and software systems
- Manage hardware and software licensing and support contracts
- Develop and propose to senior management IT budgets for reasonable ongoing evolution of ACZ’s back- and front-end IT systems
- Research, recommend and implement advancements in technologies used at ACZ, including innovative and, where possible, automated approaches to system administration and other tasks
- Provide on-call support outside of business hours
- This individual reports to ACZ’s two executive vice presidents.
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or Bachelor’s degree in non-technical field combined with substantial technical experience
- At least 5 years of experience administering and supporting back end systems in a business environment(s), including substantial experience managing Windows domain environment(s), as well as network, Internet and remote connectivity, firewalls and Ethernet switches
- At least two years of experience administering and supporting a virtual server environment, preferably Hyper-V
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, SQL Server and Exchange Server
- Exceptionally detail-oriented with the ability to run multiple projects in a prioritized fashion
- Strong communicator who can maintain healthy professional relationships with internal workforce
- Experience administering Linux and Oracle servers is highly desirable
- Experience working in a high availability environment is highly desirable
- MCSE or other technical certification(s) is highly desirable
ACZ Laboratories in beautiful Steamboat Springs is seeking a controller. Candidates must have a solid history of increasing responsibility within accounting departments and managing accounting functions. Candidates should also have a demonstrated history of working for top management and with department managers to understand their issues and assist them understand financial reporting. ACZ seeks an operations oriented financial professional. Industry experience not required, but the ability and desire to understand the operations are. Benefits include health insurance, 401k, profit sharing, and vacation benefits. Qualified candidates should forward resumes along with a description of an operations oriented controller.